An abstract, citation, playing time, and word count are given for each of the passages. Many of the passages also have a related reading strategy identified. Each reading passage can also be downloaded as a PDF and printed for use as a read-along or as supplemental reading material for your classroom.
- Download the files to your Mp3 player and listen on the go
- Listen to the Mp3 files on your computer
- View the text on a web page and read along as you listen
- Print out the stories and poems to make your own book
- Audio books can be setup as a listening center
- Links to the books can be posted on a teachers website for students to download and listen to at home.
- By providing multiple sources for students you are supporting the Universal Design for Learning framework.
- Students can use excerpts from the books for digital stories such as:
- Audio or video book reviews
- Mock interviews of book characters
- Audio Snippets can be incorporated to any class instructional activity. They can be uploaded to Smartboard lessons, PowerPoints, or Glogs.
- The audio tracks can be trimmed and modified using Audacity and then used in lessons and projects