As a teacher you can setup your classes to access story jumper from home or from school. The classroom edition provides:
- An interface to manage and review student work
- Enable kids to share stories between the classroom and home
- Maintain strict privacy controls over student information
- Enable educator discounts when ordering books
When a teacher created his/her account they are able to create a class password as well as user names and passwords for each student. The software provides the teacher with a printed handout for each student that will supply the directions and information for accessing the software at home and at school. There is even settings to control the duration of time that the students may login.
Upon completion of the storybook the student may share and view online. He or she may also order the book in printed form. Discounts are available for class purchases. There is also an option to print a paper copy of the book for free.
If you would like to see an example of a Story Jumper book click the link below:
For complete directions to setup your class and student accounts click this link:
- Story Jumper is a great resource to allow students to publish their writing for an audience. Students will be able to author their very own children's book and share it.
- Students in Middle and High School may write a book that teachers younger students about a topic. An example might be a book that explains what composite numbers are or the life cycle of the plant. Research has proven that students better comprehend material when they teach it to someone else.
- Teachers may use the software to write stories that can be used to teach reading skills. These books may be read on a Smartboard or individually in a center activity.
- As part of the universal design for learning framework, students may be given the opportunity to create a Story Jumper book on any assigned topic in order to demonstrate knowledge of a topic/subject.