"VOKI enables users to express themselves on the web in their own voice using a talking character. You can customize your Voki to look like you or take on the identity of lots of other types of characters… animals, monsters, anime etc. Your Voki can speak with your own voice which is added via microphone, typing of text, upload, or phone."
A VOKI can be embedded into your blog, website, Moodle course or just about any other website. When creating a Voki you can customize his or her appearance, language/accent and gender. Below is a VOKI I created.
Get a Voki now!
The integration ideas for VOKI in the classroom are endless. Here are some of my initial thoughts:
- Students may create a recording in which they speak in the language they are studying.
- Students may create a news report spoken in the language they are studying.
- Create a Voki of a historical person.
- Create a news reporter that is reporting on a historical event or current event.
- Create a PSA announcement.
- Create a lecture about an important event.
- Create a Voki that teaches other students about an important class topic
- Report the findings of an experiment.